Saturday, January 28, 2006

Don't Give Up On Books Yet!

Okay, so we are followers (Positive peer pressure is good ~ Emmanuel Baek). But we agree that it is a good idea to show others what we are reading. It helps to see what type of manna you are thinking on throughout the day.

Janelle's Books:
1. Bible, by God
2. Speciation, by Coyne and Orr

Jason's Books:
1. Bible, by God (Amazing Facts Reading Plan)
2. Early Writings, by Ellen White
3. Great Controversy, by Ellen White
4. Board Review Series OB & GYN, by Sakala
5. Reclaiming Lost Members, by Jim Ayer
6. NMS for USMLE Step 2, by LWW

Together Books:
1. Adventist Home, by Ellen White
2. Mission Pilot (David Gates Story), by Eileene Lantry (Just Finished)

You can tell that Janelle has an easier time of staying focused on one topic. I hope the pronouncement of our book list will serve as a motivator to complete our readings sooner. Both Janelle and I have yet to read the Bible through completely, so that is our number one goal right now. Two posts in one day, this is a record for us!

2 comments:

Joelle said...

Book lists are going around, I guess. :-) It's fun to see what others are reading. Hope you all are doing well. It was good to see you again at GYC!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Ellen sent me the suggested list for reading the Bible thru in 1 yr. I have been at it (at my pace) for 3 yrs and haven't made it thru yet but I am working on reading every word from Genesis to Revelation. I have gained a broader understanding of my God, His dealings with man, and my relationship to Him. Although we are saved by His grace if we have accepted His righteousness by faith, I am most impressed with how much God treasures our obedience.