Wednesday, December 19, 2007

GYC day #1

Hello all,

I just want to write a summary for those that may not be able to attend and for my remembrance:

Minnesota is cold and has snow on the ground. We registered at the convention center and much to Janelle's liking, there are enclosed catwalks that connect each of the buildings in the downtown Minneapolis area to protect us from the snow. The main auditorium is beautiful and and looks like an extremely large opera house with a ornate wooden stage and plush seats with a high rising back seat section.

After song service, the seminar presenters were introduced, and left many people wondering where they should go with so many good options. I think Jay Gallimore's series on Christian Leadership and Mark Finely's Last Day Events peaked my interest the most. But all the options seemed so good! We next got a report on some teenagers that have recently led out in preaching their own evangelistic series. Powerful!

Andrea Oliver gave a touching introduction for Israel Ramos' opening talk. After an excellent special music by Jessica Hess, Israel took the stage. He had the look of a tired solider giving his last message to his troops before the last battle. He spent time recounting the early years of GYC and the faith and sacrifice of the early team. His main point was that we need to remember what our identity is, or we will never realize our ultimate destiny, which is to hasten the Lord's return. He used the illustration of Luke 4 and 5 how Jesus doesn't need people that fish, he needs fisherman! Check out the sermons at www.3abn.org. Also, all these sermons will be on www.Audioverse.org, so you can enjoy them as well.

Afterwards, I hit the booths. So many friends that I have not seen in a while. Aside from the powerful spiritual emphasis, GYC is also a truly great place to reconnect and meet new people.

Final note, please keep Alistair Huong in your prayers. He is in critical condition suffering from a Neurological condition at the local hospital. He is a powerful man of God and good friend, I truly believe that God will prevail.

Til tomorrow, this is Jason reporting from GYC!

1 comment:

Deb's said...

Thanks for the report, Dr. Shives!!!
I wish I could be there too, even though I am in the States at the moment.

I'll be praying for Al. It actually reminded me to one of the patient we became friends from the Friday Night Singing Bands. I am sure that God has a purpose and He will reveal it soon.