Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mrs. Shives the Professor





God is so good friends! I have been totally blessed to have been given a job! I am teaching full time at Florida Hopital College of Health Sciences. If you know anything about teaching college, you know how hard it is to get a full time job with just a Master's degree (actually I am still writing my thesis), and with no teaching experience!

I am teaching 3 sections of A&P 1 with about 50 students in each section. So I have about 150 students that I am having a direct influence on! It is such a huge responsibilty; Pray for me friends!

I know this is God's plan, because if you remember I took A&P just last year thinking God wanted me to do PA school (there was no reason for me to take that class for my M.S.) But apparently He wanted me to teach A&P! Cool huh?

It is sooo time consuming though. I have never gotten so little sleep. Other than Jason's overnight calls, I am just as busy as my Intern hubby. But I know God will get both of us though.

7 comments:

Meg Wolff said...

Nice blog...we have The China Study as a favorite book in common. And, I travel to Orlando for my AKA prosthesis! Just back yesterday. I am happy to read of your knowledge of good nutrition and are sharing this in the health field! Thank you. (I am also a Neal Barnard, MD fan.)

Arden said...

So do you go by just "Mrs. Shives", or do you prefer.. "Professor Shives"? (he he he... just kidding)

Thank the LORD for that job. Miss the both of you out here. Come back and visit us soon.

God bless you both! :)

Adrian Zahid said...

Congratulations! Always stay close to the true Principles of Education.

limkenfl said...

Awesome my old alma mater. Graduated second or third year the school was open back in 1995 is my A.S. in Radiography. Mr Archer was my A&P teacher. Go Janelle you will make an awesome teach!
kpl

p.s. Buddy buddy left for Kansas last week

Tim said...

Keep working on that thesis and I'll work on mine. Let's see who can finish first...At any rate, we need more godly teachers like you!

Joelle said...

That's great, Janelle!
So happy for that opening... sounds very providential!

janie and paul =) said...

From student to teacher...that's wonderful! Like they say in med school, "see one, do one, teach one!" I'm so happy for you, Janelle! Miss you guys...